Wilderness Navigation - 2 day 1 night
- Classroom Session
- Introduction to Topographic, Forest Inventory, and Municipality Maps and their use with and without a compass.
- Compass Selection and use, and introduction to GPS system
- Field Exercises
- Standardizing your individual pace (measure of its average length over varied terrain)
- Drawing a map from information gathered in the field with compass and pacing.
- Compass Triangulation (Resectioning) in the field to find your position on a map
- Navigating to pre-established way points and natural features with map and compass
- Navigating without Map and Compass